Wide range of services on ice-going ships and Arctic - and Antarctic - shipping
Aker Arctic offers clients development, design and testing services. In addition, the company also markets and sells complete ice-going ship projects.
The client's ships can be built at any qualified yard, designed, tested, and supervised, by Aker Arctic.
Aker Arctic offers shipowners and shipyards professional services with their ice-going ship designs. There is a great potential in saving money by utilizing our experienced knowledge and assistance regarding design and selection of technology.
Range of services
- Ice-going ships, development, design, construction
- Offshore structures, design for ice loads, construction
- Environmental conditions, design criteria, transit simulations
- Ice Management, loading/off-loading in ports, offshore rig ice pile-up handling
- Simulation of operations in ice
- Cold environment technology, structures, strength