The newest addition to the Aker Arctic Technology portfolio is a real-time, full-mission Ice Simulator. Our expertise and experience in ice has been leveraged to develop an ice navigation simulator that provides realistic features and reactions. Now anybody can practice operations in a variety of ice and weather conditions on any kind of vessel, plan ice management operations, prepare a feasibility study for their ship design concept, or create a terminal design study of layout and operations. Aker Arctic Ice Simulator is a cost-effective tool for risk control, comprehensive analysis and arctic training.
Benefits of advanced real-time simulator training with Aker Arctic Ice Simulator:
- Systematic, advanced simulator training offers significant improvements to navigational safety – without risk to the environment, crew or ship.
- Aker Arctic Technology’s ice-related expertise and experience
- Model test validation
- Full-scale data
- Exceptional situations – risky and dangerous manoeuvres can be practised
- Demanding conditions – weather, archipelagos and ice
- Navigation system – training and mastery of interference in navigation systems
- New ship designs – familiarization with new vessel concepts
- Operations with icebreaker procedures
- Efficiency – cost-effective risk control and comprehensive analysis of training situations
- Planning ice management operations
- Ship design concept and fleet feasibility studies
- Port and fairway design – layout, operations and feasibility studies.
Key features of new simulator systems:
- Modelling – high-quality representation of the vessel and its technical equipment
- Equipment – realistic features/reactions in navigation and other control systems
- Flexibility – modification according to new ship types and new control systems
- Visualization of surroundings – realistic visual and radar representation of archipelago, confined and shallow fairway and ice conditions
- Ice and vessel – dynamic calculation of the ice sheet and its interactions
- Scaling potential – system expansion and upscaling capabilities suitable for e.g. basic training.
Train your ship crew for arctic environment: ICETRAIN is a three-day course for deck officers who need training for ice operation. Training has been designed by Finnish experts representing different fields of ice operations. ICETRAIN -partners are Aboa Mare, Aker Arctic, Arctia Icebreaking, Deltamarin, DNVGL, Ice Advisors, Kymenlaakso University of Applied Sciences and Meriturva - www.icetrain.fi