At Aker Arctic, we understand that our clients are as unique as the challenges they face. We therefore tailor our consulting services to match the needs of our clients’ projects. We have assisted in tasks related to feasibility, pre-FEED studies, work during the FEED and consecutive stages of the project. Sometimes completely new components, ships, or floating vessels are required, and such new technologies can be developed. Our experienced staff are continuously developing new technological solutions related to Arctic and sub-Arctic industrial projects.
The types of services Aker Arctic can offer include:
- Define client project requirements and create design criteria.
- Ice management studies, including risk related studies.
- Fleet composition studies.
- Cargo loading/discharging studies in challenging ice conditions.
- Port design consultation: including ice loads, layouts, ice control systems and ice management methods.
- Transportation studies
- Life Cycle Cost (LCC) and Life Cycle Assesment (LCA) calculation
Related articles from Arctic Passion News:
Feasibility study for Qilak LNG (2020)
Pavlovskoye mining project (2020)
Lifetime costs and emissions are important in ship design (2021)
The Polar Operational Limit Assessment Risk Indexing System (POLARIS) (2022)