Operations in ice and harsh environments place unique demands on a vessel’s equipment. Based on Aker Arctic Technology’s experience in vessel design, we have acquired a sound understanding of the solutions and products required for ice going vessels. This knowledge enables us to offer products that introduce efficiencies and reduce costs to shipyards, while providing safe, reliable, and efficient equipment for the operator.
Aker Arctic Technology can provide the following solutions and products as EPC delivery for new builds and retrofits:
- Propulsion package (propellers and shafting components)
- Ice load monitoring system
- Integrated bridge
- Winterization and de-icing equipment
- Aker Arctic “Side Pool” for the research vessels
- Hull lubrication solutions (bow flushing and air bubbling systems)